Highlights for anastrozole
- The oral tablet of Anastrozol is available as a generic and as a brand medication.Brand name: Arimidex.
- Anastrozol is only available as an oral tablet.
- Anastrozole is used to treat breast cancer, and women who have gone through menopause.
- Heart disease warning:If you have breast cancer and a blockade in your heart arteries at an early stage, Anastrozole can lead to low blood flow into your heart. Call your doctor immediately if you have symptoms, including:
- shortness of breath
- Swelling in her legs and feet
- Deterioration in chest pain
- Risk with low bone density:Anastrozole can reduce the bone density in their lower spine and their hips.
- Cholesterinwarnung:Anastrozole can lead to your cholesterol level.
- Embryo-Fetal toxicity Warning:Anastrozole can damage the developing fetus and lead to a loss of pregnancy.
Anastrozole is a prescription medication. It is available as an oral tablet.
Anastrozol Orales Tablet is available as a branded medicationArimidexAnd as generic. Generica usually cost less.
This drug can be used with other drugs for the treatment of breast cancer.
Anastrozole should not be used in women who have not gone throughMenopauseIf you get pregnant while taking anastrozole, you immediately take anastrozole.
Why it is used
Anastrozole is used to treat breast cancer. It is only used in women who have passed the menopause. In particular, it is used for:
- Treatment of early breast cancer.There are women with hormone receptor-positive or unknown breast cancer after operation or in addition to other therapies.
- First or first treatment of breast cancer that metastasized (spread to other parts of the body).It is used in women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer or women where the hormone receptors are not known.
- Treatment of advanced breast cancer.If your illness progresses, it is given even after early reaction with the cancer medication Tamoxifen.
Anastrozole does not work well in women with estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer. It doesn't work well for women, whose bodies did not respond to treatment with tamoxifen.
How it works
Anastrozole belongs to a class of medication that is called aromata seed.often used to treat similar diseases.
In women after menopause, an enzyme called aromatase hormones that is called androgenic in the hormone estrogen changes. Many breast cancer tumors grow when estrogen is present. Anastrozole prevents the aromatase of the aroma.Cancer tissue.
(Video) Anastrozole - Mechanism, precautions, interactions & uses
The oral tablet of Anastrozole does not cause sleepiness, but can cause other side effects.
More frequent side effects
The most common side effects that occur with Anastrozole are:
- Hot flashes
- Bone, joint and muscle pain or stiffness
- Sore throat or cough
- high blood pressure
- Nausea or vomiting
- Back pain
- skin rash
- sleep disorders
- Swelling of her legs, ankles or feet
- shortness of breath
- Broken bones
- Swelling in their lymph nodes
If these effects are mild, you can disappear within a few days or a few weeks. If you are more serious or do not disappear, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Serious side effects
Call your doctor immediately if you have serious side effects. Call 911 when your symptoms feel life -threatening or if you think you have a medical emergency.
- Osteoporosis (bone thinning or weakness).The symptoms can: include pain in your back, neck or hips
- Higher cholesterol.This can lead to serious heart problems.
- Skin reactions.Symptoms can be a:
- Abnormal growth on your skin (lesion)
- Open wounds (ulcers)
- Tickling, tingling, pain, cold or deafness in parts of your hand
- Liver problems.Symptoms can be a:
- yellow your skin or the white of your eyes
- Pain on the right top of your stomach area
- A general feeling not to be good
Liability exclusion:Our goal is to give you the most relevant and up -to -date information. However, since medicines have an impact on the individual people to different people, we cannot guarantee that this information contains all possible side effects. This information is not a substitute for medical advice.Always possible side effects with a medical specialist who knows her medical history.
Anastrozole oral tablet can interact with other medication, vitamins or herbs that you may take. A substance is if a substance changes the way a medication works. This can be harmful or prevent the drug from working well.
To avoid interactions, your doctor should carefully manage all of your medication. Solate your doctor from all medication, vitamins or herbs that you take.Doctor or pharmacist.
Examples of medicines that can cause interactions with anastrozole are listed below.
Breast cancer medication
TA grinding powderIf you do not take anastrozole.
Estrogen -containing medication
This drug should not be used to take estrogen -containing drugs.
- Hormone replacement therapy
- The antibabypill
Liability exclusion:Our goal is to give you the most relevant and up -to -date information. However, this information does not guarantee that medication interacts differently in every person that this information contains all possible interactions. This information is not a substitute for medical advice.Health service providers about possible interactions with all prescription drugs, vitamins, herbs and nutritional supplements and over -the -counter drugs that you take.
(Video) 💊What is ANASTROZOLE?. Mechanism of action, uses, dosage, side effects of ANASTROZOLE (ARIMIDEX)💊
This drug has several warnings.
Anastrozole can cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms can be:
- Breathing difficulties
- Swelling of your neck or tongue
If you develop these symptoms, call 911 or go to the next emergency room.
Do not take this medication again if you ever had an allergic reaction to it.It could be fatal.
Contact with drug warning
Do not share this drug with others, even if you have the same medical illness you have. This drug could harm you.
Warnings for people with certain health conditions
For people with osteoporosis:Anastrozole lowers the estrogen level in your body, which makes your bones weak or thin. This could make your osteoporosis worse and further increase your risk of fractures.
For people with high cholesterol level:This drug can increase your cholesterol level. This can increase your risk of serious heart problems.
For people with heart disease:If you have a history in your heart arteries, Anastrozole can lead to low blood flow into your heart. Talk to your doctor to weigh the risks and advantages of taking this medication to treat your breast cancer.
For people with liver problems:Anastrozol can cause inflammation of your liver. This can make liver problems worse.
Warnings for certain groups
For pregnant women:Anastrozole is not explicitly contraindicated during pregnancy, but there are provisions regarding its use during pregnancy.Packageadvises people about reproductive potential to use an effective contraception during therapy with anastrozole and at least 3 weeks after the last dose. They should carry out a negative pregnancy test before starting anastrozole.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant. If you get pregnant while taking anastrozole, stop taking this medication immediately and call your doctor.
For people who breastfeed:It is not known whether Anastrozole goes through breast milk. If this is the case, this can have serious effects with a foster child.
You and your doctor may have to decide whether to stop taking anastrozole or hire care.
For children:The security and effectiveness of Anastrozol has not been established in people who are no longer under the age of 18 under the age of 18.
(Video) Combating 2 Side Effects from Arimidex
All possible doses and forms may not be included here.
- Your age
- The condition that is treated
- How difficult your condition is
- Other medical diseases they have
- How to react to the first dose
Dosage for breast cancer
- Form:oral tablet
- Strengthen:1 mg
- Form:oral tablet
- Strengthen:1 mg
Adult dose (from 18 years)
The typical recommended dosage is a 1 mg tablet that has been taken from mouth once a day.
Children's dose (age 0–17 years)
This drug was not examined in children. It should not be used in humans under the age of 18.
Liability exclusion:Our goal is to give you the most relevant and up -to -date information. However, medication on every person on different people, we cannot guarantee that this list contains all possible doses. This information is not a substitute for medical advice. Always speakWith your doctor or pharmacist about doses that are suitable for you.
Anastrozole is used for long -term treatment. It comes with serious risks if you do not take it as prescribed.
If you don't take it at all, stop taking it, or don't take the schedule:Your breast cancer can come back.
If you take too much:Call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately. Too much of this medicine can cause serious side effects such as serious bleeding, the death of tissues, orGastritis.
What to do if you miss a dose:If you forget to take your dose, take it as you remember.
Never try to catch up by taking two doses at the same time. This could lead to dangerous side effects.
How to recognize whether the medication works:Your doctor will carry out tests to check whether your breast cancer growth has slowed down or stopped.
Take these considerations into account if your doctor prescribes anastrozole.
- Anastrozole can be taken with or without food.
- Not cratring, braping or chewing anastrozol -table.
- If you can get pregnant, you need to use birth control while taking anastrozole and continues to do so for some time after taking your last dose of the drug. Ask your doctor how long he can use birth control.
- Store anastrozole at room temperature between 68 ° F and 77 ° F (25 ° C).
- Keep it away from high temperatures.
- Do not keep these medication in damp or damp areas such as bathrooms.
A recipe for this drug can be refilled. You should not need a new recipe so that this medication is refilled. The doctor writes the number of refill approved according to your recipe.
If you travel with your medication:
- Always carry your medication with you. Never put it in an opposing bag when flying. Keep it in your hand luggage bag.
- Do not worry about airport X-ray devices. You cannot hurt your medication.
- You may have to show airport personnel the pharmacy for your medication. Always carry the original prescription box with you.
- Do not put this medication in your car's glove compartment or leave it in the car. Avoid it when the weather is very hot or very cold.
Before the start and during treatment with Anastrozole, your doctor will be yours:
- Heart function, including blood pressure and heart rate
- Liver function
- Bone density
Your doctor will check whether your breast cancer has taken or stopped growth from a breast examination.
A pregnancy test is carried out before you start with Anastrozole to confirm that you are not pregnant.
This drug is not every pharmacy. Call your recipe when filling your recipe to make sure you wear it.
There are other drugs available to treat your condition.
Liability exclusion:Healthline has made every effort to ensure that all information is objectively correct, comprehensive and up -to -date. However, the article should not be used as a replacement for the knowledge and expertise of a licensed medical specialist.Consulting before taking medication. The drug information contained here can change and not all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, warnings, interactions with medicines, allergic reactions or adverse effects.that the combination of drugs or medicines for all patients or all specific uses is safe, effective or appropriate.